Detroit Country Day School is a private, independent, co-educational, non-denominational, college preparatory school focused on academics, arts, athletics and superior character development. With campuses in Beverly Hills, Michigan and Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, Detroit Country Day School educates students from grades pre-k, starting at age 3, through 12, providing a well-rounded liberal arts education where the scholar-athlete-artist can thrive.
Since our establishment in 1914, Detroit Country Day School has been delivering on our quest to provide a superior college preparatory, liberal arts educational opportunity to young people of cultural and intellectual diversity. Within a dignified and supportive setting, the school facilitates a spirit of achievement and promotes the academic, athletic, artistic, ethical, character and leadership development of all students so that they can pursue excellence in their lives and careers, and play effective roles in their families and communities.
Gifts to DCDS capital objectives help provide facilities and equipment commensurate with the exceptional educational experiences in academics, arts, and athletics expected by students and their families. Capital objectives are identified by the school through a strategic planning process lead by the DCDS Board of Trustees.
Detroit Country Day School’s major capital projects include:
- Field house at the Thirteen Mile Road Campus (2011)
- Fitness center and dance studio adjacent to the Cooper Gymnasium (2010)
- Cooper Gymnasium at the Hillview Campus (2009)
- Renovations and additions to the Junior School (2003 – 2007)
- Construction of the Barbara Plamondon Earle Early Learning Village at the Lower School (2001)
- Renovations and additions to the Upper School including the construction of the Seligman Performing Arts Center, state of the art science lab resources and classrooms, renovations of the student center and parent center (1997 – 1998)
- Construction of the Middle School (1991)
- Acquisition of the Lower School (1986)
- Shaw Gymnasium at the Thirteen Mile Road Campus (1984)
- Acquisition of the Junior School (1980)
- Move to the Thirteen Mile Road Campus (1956)